Thursday, March 20, 2014

How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes

    

I deep cleaned my makeup brushes last night. :) I used warm water with organic clarifying shampoo from Human Heart Nature (which I also use for my hair. :) 

As you daily use your brushes bits of makeup, dirt, oil and bacteria can get trapped in the bristles. This can lead to pesky breakouts, so keeping your brushes clean is a must. It's really easy to do. First use a daily brush cleaner and spritz it on the brushes after each use. I use Human Heart Nature's All Natural Spray Sanitizer (Citrus Burst). It's not just a brush cleaner. You can use it as a disinfectant on about any surface, even your hands. It's organic. It's main ingredient is ethyl alcohol derived from sugar canes. It's triclosan free. It has aloe vera extract so it doesn't dry out your hands or your bristles. Plus the citrus scent is invigorating. You might think I'm being paid to make these testimonies but I'm not. That's how much I love their product. :)

It is adviced to deep clean makeup brushes once a week. I use a shallow bowl with warm water and a clarifying shampoo from Human Heart Nature. Or you can also use a mild baby shampoo. Just swirl the brushes around the water with the shampoo, then rinse with clean warm water. It usually takes my brushes to dry overnight. Do not blow dry. ( I tried that once when I was so impatient, my blusher became so puffy!) using brush guards are optional.

So, when was the last time you washed your brushes? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

links of posts with similar contents or topics